Booty Buns isn’t just another same-ole, same-ole pocket cloth diaper.
Shannon Carillo actually did what all of us have considered since we began cloth diapering. She heard others say great things about certain diapers then they would say, “If only it had xyz. Then it’d be the perfect diaper.” [that is my made up dialogue]
I’ve said it dozens of times! Give me a cloth diaper and I’ll mentally turn it into the “perfect diaper”. Of course, I have no design or sewing skills so my critique means little.
…many expressed a desire for a better product – one that came with more & fit their baby soon or longer. She thought that there would be at least one brand that offered all these things; but, when she found that none did, she became creating a list of the things that people wanted & began working ideas to make the world’s first & only true OS cloth diaper. Her patent pending design fits from 3-45 pounds & comes with 2 inserts, a liner & a double sided cloth wipe.
But, Shannon had the skills to create a cloth diaper that incorporated several desired features into one diaper and that is how we got Booty Buns cloth diapers.
The main feature that Shannon insisted on perfecting was the ability for her diapers to be used from birth to potty training.
Booty Buns have lots of snaps! This allows you to use them on preemie babies all the way up to your big toddler.
This is one of only 3 one-sized cloth diapers we have that are not fully unsnapped in the rise for Camden. I feel confident that I will be able to use it until he potty trains (unless he’s 5 at that time).
Other features of Booty Buns cloth diapers that I *really* appreciate:
- gussets. If a diaper doesn’t have gussets I know the poop will creep out. If it does I breathe a bit easier knowing that I can hold a baby on my hip and not get a mess on me.
- hip snaps. With a diaper that claims to fit from 3-45lbs you are going to need snaps to prevent wing droop. I loathe wing droop. If you are wondering what wing droop is, it is when you fasten the waist pretty tight and the “wings” fall down leaving only the snapped area in place. It’s a hilarious site really.
- double pockets. This should be a standard. Some like a front pocket, others a back. Make us both happy. Plus, you don’t have to remove the insert before putting it in the wash as it will agitate out on its own.
- back elastic. This is one of my must haves in a perfect diaper. Extra protection is always nice, plus it creates a snugger fit for tiny babies or skinny children.
- insert snap. Not a huge deal in my mind but it is nice to not have to fish around for the small insert.
Shannon and her husband Sean are passionate, not only about cloth diapers, but about giving to others in need.
Booty Buns cloth diapers has made a commitment to giving one BBCD diaper to a child with a debilitating disease for every one they sell. It’s almost hard to resist that! (I’d like to think this concept is what keeps me buying more and more TOMS.)
We are also now the official cloth diaper sponsor for Operation Showers of Appreciation. OSOA is a non profit that throws baby showers for military families that have the husband deployed when the baby is born, or the mom will be deployed with in 3 months of being born. Our first donation to OSOA was seen at their Phoenix, AZ shower on March 31. The next one is in Las Vegas on May 12 & will have 150 moms in attendance!
FIT: You can see from above that Booty Buns allows for a customized fit. If you have a long rise, skinny child or a short rise, buddha belly child you can adjust it to fit just right. Click here to see the different sizing options with measurements.
ABSORBENCY: The 2 inserts that come with the one-sized Booty Buns are 3 layers of microfiber terry. They are similar to the majority of inserts that come with pocket diapers. Yes, they are very absorbent and by adding a Hemp Babies doubler or 2 you have a nighttime solution.
CONTAINMENT: Excellent ability to contain due to the back elastic and gussets.
PRICE: $25.50 for a one-sized cloth diaper. Upper range for a one-sized pocket. But, you are essentially donating a diaper to a child with a debilitating disease. Makes a huge difference in my mind when considering costs.
TRIMNESS: With 2 microfiber inserts and snapped on the middle rise setting, I’d put Booty Buns as mid-range for trimness. It is comparable to Kawaii or Diaper Rite pockets.
CUTE FACTOR: Seriously, the names of the colors are adorable: Love Booty, Pun’kin Booty, Cutie Booty… The colors are bold, bright and cheerful. We have a Royal Booty* and I love it.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Very reachable. Shannon is always quickly available for my questions.
*Booty Buns graciously provided a sample for me to review. All thoughts and comments are accurate and solely my own!
copyright 2012 http://allaboutclothdiapers.com