It must be so hard for companies to choose what prints they’ll use. Everyone has different tastes and if you choose one they don’t like, they’ll let you know!
I’m one of the very happy ones with the introduction of the Bum Genius Artist Series. Chelsey Perry hit the spot when it comes to modern, yet youthful and at the same time stylish (if I have no style at least my baby can :P ).
This review isn’t just for the prints. Would you believe that after cloth diapering for 5 years I had never tried a Bum Genius pocket diaper?? That’s crazy!
I developed this anti Bum Genius pockets or aios sentiment when my 3rd child was allergic to suede cloth. When Sterling came I already used and loved Bum Genius Elementals so that’s what I stuck with (mostly).
So, receiving this amazing package from Cottonbabies as part of their blogger review team was an extra fluffy treat for me.
Most of you are probably familiar with the Bum Genius pocket system. In case you’re not let me give you some features that make this a great diaper:
- Easy to stuff pocket with a flap covering the opening. I have small hands but I appreciate a wide pocket for quickness and it allows children to stuff diapers easy as well.
- Inserts included: a one size and an infant/doubler. They are microfiber. Combining the two makes it an excellent nighttime system.
- One sized. Snap down rise on the front of the diaper. Two rows of snaps: one for waist, one for thighs.
- Stretchy tabs. This is a Bum Genius trademark and pretty much ensures their products on my favorite list, that’s how much I love the stretchy tabs. You get a nice snug fit every time.
- Suede cloth inner. Poop comes off easier.
Now on to the artwork created by Chelsea Perry. The artist series consists of 5 prints.
I wanted to give you big pictures so that you could really see what I wasn’t expecting. Do you see the great pearlized snaps and tabs?
That’s like one of my favorite effects! They must have designed these diapers for me.
In case you can’t quite tell what color everything is (because every monitor is different) let me briefly explain:
- Concrete Jungle: true red and white with pearly white snaps and tabs. If you haven’t seen the new Bum Genius 4.0 colors then seeing “Sweet” on their site won’t mean much…didn’t to me. I’m staring at it hard and the only word I can describe it as is Pearl :)
- Retail Therapy: They call it teal, I’d go with light teal. Not as bold a color as teal is to me. Again, they describe the snaps and tabs using the new color names which doesn’t help. Their lavender is actually pearl with the ever, ever so slight touch of purple. I’m thinking if you had a 5 gallon bucket of pearl paint and added a drop of purple you’d get this “lavender”. It’s a gorgeous color, just very subtle. If you lay a lavender tab across a sweet tab then you can really see the purple. Otherwise it’s hard to tell.
- Eiffel Tower: black and white with pearly white tabs.
- Free Spirit: slightly more orange than Clementine when I compare it to the Bum Genius Elemental. The tabs are “noodle”. Noodle is a pale, pale, pale yellow. The name is actually pretty descriptive, it does look like a noodle…with a pearly look.
- Jet Setter: This is my favorite. It is definitely the Twilight color but I don’t see purple when I look at Jet Setter. Because it’s mixed with the Twilight it appears more dark blue. Funny how colors change depending on what they’re next to.
When I first watched the intro video by Cottonbabies I wasn’t sure how gender specific they’d be in real life. I feel that all of them are very gender neutral.
The new Artist Series are available on the BumGenius 4.0 (pockets) and Elementals. Pre-ordering is going on now and I *think* they will ship in November…I could be wrong, I’m going off a memory from 3 weeks ago. Here is a comment from one of my readers “I preordered with a ship date of Nov.19 but I got a shipment notice yesterday and a tracking number….they’re already on the way, almost a month early! Yay!!”