When I think of potty training my children my mind goes one place, “I’ll never leave the house!”
I hate the thought of going somewhere and hearing that little voice say they need to go potty.
When you live in the country there are no quick trips to town. A 30 minute trip for a little one potty training toddler can be an eternity.
Depending on your potty training method car trips may not be an issue. Many parents opt to use diapers in the car for peace of mind. However, there does come a point in the training that they have graduated from diapers but still aren’t 100% trained. (
What’s a parent to do? Never leave home for 4-6 months to ensure complete success?
Another huge reason for my dread of potty training is the long car trips we take. My parents live 6 hours from us. Add potty breaks every hour and the trip becomes 8 hours.
Plus, we have a huge move coming up next month that will involve multiple 22+ hour trips every year. The thought of that pretty much seals the deal for me that Camden will not potty train until he’s FULLY willing, able, capable and at the least saying more words than momma and dadda.
Obviously, I didn’t write this post to talk just about the fears I have in potty training. I always have a solution for you!
About 18 months ago we used the My Carry Potty when Sterling was potty training. My Carry Potty is a portable potty that you stick in the car and take with you wherever you go.
Below I will list the pros and cons to the My Carry Potty.
- You always have a potty with you even when there are no bathrooms around for miles.
- Leak-proof, smell-proof seal plus a lock to keep in all the urine and poo.
- Light weight and easy to carry with handle.
- Can be used by older children..sort of. In the cons I’ll elaborate.
- Use at home or away. Sometimes you need a little potty in a part of the house away from the bathrooms.
- Front contains a small shield for little boys’ parts.
- Must have super tiny hiney to use. I’m serious. Sterling is tiny and at 2 he barely fit on it.
- The seal works so well that it creates an almost unbreakable suction. Be careful when prying open a full potty!
- DON’T FORGET IT IN THE CAR! Just a warning, not that I did this ever. You will vomit when you do remember that you didn’t empty it.
On Amazon the My Carry Potty runs about $30. A small price to pay for the convenience of a potty when traveling or visiting someplace does not have a potty (or a clean one at that).
Follow My Carry Potty on Facebook if you’d like to learn more about the product.
Can’t let your child poop and pee in a plain ol’ pink, blue or yellow potty? Feel free to contact My Carry Potty and order yourself a Swarovski Crystal covered throne. Then make sure and let me know that you bought one so you can send me pictures of your royal child
For more information on potty training check out the Ultimate Guide to Cloth Trainers! (there are 3 parts)