This past summer I introduced you to Rockin Green Cloth Diaper Detergent. Kim kindly sent me some samples and I eagerly used them all up. I was pleased: clothes smelled clean, cloth diapers smelled clean, no rashes occurred… two thumbs up.
However, after the samples were gone I went back to using my Kirkland’s Environmentally Friendly. I had a system that was working very well and I wanted to stick with it.
I still wondered after seeing Rockin Green everywhere on the internet how it worked out in the long term. Everyone was singing its praises and on paper it seems to be a fantastic natural, inexpensive, WAHM laundry detergent.
I contacted Kim and asked her if I could communicate with some of her long-time users. After typing up a questionnaire I sent it out to Rockin Green Customers.
The following Q&A is from Lynn:
1) How long have you been using cloth diapers?
I’ve been cloth diapering for almost 4 years (older child born 2005, cloth diapered her through potty learning in early 2008. Second daughter born early 2009 and have been cloth diapering her 100% since then)
2) What detergent were you using before Rockin Green?
Charlie’s, and I have also used Ecover and Allen’s.
3) Why did you make a switch?
I switched from Charlie’s because my daughter was getting a nasty burn from it – initially thoughts were that it was a yeast related issue, but changing the soap worked wonders for her redness.
4) What type of water do you have?
5) What type of washing machine do you have?
Top loading HE machine (Whirlpool Cabrio HE)
6) How much Rockin Green do you add to each load?
Generally two Tbsp.
7) On average, how many cloth diapers are in each load?
8 ) How long have you been using Rockin Green?
Since June 2009.
9) Have you had in stink, repelling, or rash problems since using Rockin Green?
10) What scents have you used? What is your favorites? Any you don’t like?
My favorite scents are Cherry Almond and Cherry Lemonade, and will eventually try all the fruity sort of scents. I am not a big fan of Baby Powder (but not just in the soap, I don’t like “baby powder” anything).
11) Where did you purchase your Rockin Green?
Online at www.rockingreensoap.com
12) Have you had any customer service encounters- good or bad?
Picked up my order locally, Kim is a wonderful person to talk to and bring your concerns about cloth diaper laundering to. She genuinely cares and stands behind her products, so she does whatever she can to help troubleshoot an issue.
13) What do you store your Rockin Green in? Scoop?
I keep it in a Tupperware container (sealed) and use the Rockin’ Green scoop from the website.
14) Do you use Rockin Green on all your laundry?
Absolutely! I am not one for a fancy routine so if I have to use more than one detergent… well it’s just not going to happen.
15) How clean do you feel your clothes are on a scale of 1-10? (1 being not clean, 10 super, fresh clean)
10! Rockin’ Green has helped get out stains that Allen’s And Charlies had let behind! I also feel like my whites are whiter.
16) Have you ever used Crunchy Clean or Tiny Bubbles? If yes, how would you compare it to Rockin Green?
I have not used the mentioned brands.
Lynn has been using Rockin’ Green for over 5 months. This is an adequate amount of time to test a detergent and determine if stink or build-up problems are going to occur. If you have specific questions about Rockin Green please ask them in the comments. Lynn (and myself) will answer them as best we can.
I am interested in her washing machine! We may have to get Lynn to talk with us about washing cloth diapers in an HE machine ;) Many of you have questions about them and by golly my husband just won’t run out and get me one…until my current one dies.
I can’t wait to hear more testimonials as they come in! Stay tuned to Rockin Green for several new things they have in store for 2010!