Before the summer totally gets away from me, I wanted to talk about swim diapers and a few options. I want to share my favorites with all of you. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy writing for All About Cloth Diapers and what a blessing it has been for me to be able to connect with all of you and share our love of cloth diapers! Ok, now that I’m done with the smooshy stuff, let’s get down to business!

Swim Diaper1

First, and most importantly, swim diapers are not absorbent. They are made to hold in solids. What this means is that solid poo should be contained in a swim diaper and pee will pass through. But, so will exclusively breastfed poo. Just be aware. Here is a link to a great post, The Truth about Swim Diapers and Exclusively Breastfed Babies, written by Stephanie Beck for thegreennursery.com. It is an amazing explanation of exactly how swim diapers work and exactly what they will and won’t hold in. If you have a second, you should check it out!

My daughter Sophia is 23 months old. Her favorite swim diaper right now is… naked. Thankfully, we mostly swim at home and she hasn’t had any accidents yet.

When she does have a swim diaper on it is either an AppleCheeks Washable Swim Diaper or the Blueberry Freestyle Swim Diaper. AppleCheeks are made in Canada and Blueberry is made in the USA. I love them both for different reasons.

AppleCheeks Washable Swim Diapers come in two sizes (size 1: 7-20 lbs and size 2: 18-35+ lbs). It is a snapped diaper so a litter harder for you baby to get off and also you don’t have to worry about the Velcro wearing out. It’s made of two mesh layers that does an amazing job at keeping poo in. I like that it has multiple hip and waist snap options so you can get a really good fit. This has always been our go to swim diaper and is always the one I recommend when asked.

The Blueberry Freestyle Swim Diaper has a thicker feel to it than the AppleCheeks. This is because it is very slightly padded to contain any possible leaks on the way to the pool or the beach. The thing with Blueberry is that this swim diaper only has one set of snaps on each side. It does come in three sizes though. But you can’t customize fit like you could if you had multiple snap settings. I think that this makes it possible that your little one might not get a good snug fit in the when in the in between size area. But when this fits, it fits. It’s very sturdy and won’t have the baggy butt look.

Just to throw it out there. You can also use a PUL or TPU cover as a swim diaper. Just be aware that chlorine can cause delamination or shorten the life of the elastic. So use a cover that you don’t care about or that already has delamination issues. It won’t matter for what you are using it for. It will still hold solids in and because it has no absorbency won’t suck up all the pool water.

As a thank you to the many amazing All About Cloth Diapers readers I would like to offer one swim diaper, either a Blueberry Freestyle or an AppleCheeks Swim Diaper in an available color of the winner’s choice. Thanks again for following me and All About Cloth Diapers. ~Jenn

Congrats! Britany A. was the winner!

, , ,

About Jennifer Reinhardt

Jennifer is a 33 year old SAHM to one beautiful little girl named Sophia. She closed her business, Curves, when she found out she was pregnant so she could stay home with her. Jennifer fell in love with cloth diapers even before Sophia was born and searches for ways every day to share the love!

View all posts by Jennifer Reinhardt

137 Responses to “I’d like to share my FAVORITE Swim Diapers With You… Because You Are All Awesome!”

1. Catherine W Says:

I love the info on cloth wipes!

2. Gretchen M Says:

I’m in need of a new swim diaper. I had an iplay one which was good but my daughter is out growing it and I haven’t found one I like and can afford. We don’t swim often living in Alaska but I do like to take her to the pool when I can

3. Nicole C. Says:

I actually really need a swim diaper. But it’s a little overwhelming. I love my applecheeks diapers so I could only imagine that their swim diaper is good also.

4. Rebecca T Says:

I’ve gotten some useful advice for getting diapers clean.

5. Kadie Says:

Such a great resource for finding new brands to try!

6. Alexandra M Says:

we are new to cloth diapering and realy need to find out what brand we like and build a stash. Our son is 13 month to the day ;) and he loves to swim, so i am realy hoping for a win. I love the way you write i just read a bit here and there since i just subscribed but it is easy reading which i like with not to much time at times ;)

7. jessica Long Says:

over the last few years I have gotten a lot from your blog! Answers to questions, explanations and ideas about cloth!

8. Samantha L Says:

All About Cloth Diapers has taught me a lot about the care of cloth diapers… getting out stains was a huge pain before I found your site.

9. Aurora P Says:

Great info about cloth diapers. It could be overwhelming some times and having a page where you can all together is great.

10. Carissa Joslyn Says:

All About Cloth Diapers has just tout me more in general! I went into cloth knowing absolutely nothing, and this has helped a lot. still helps! I’ve been cloth diapering for a year and a half and still learning new stuff!

11. Amanda Young Says:

Great info on diapers in general, gets us interested in trying new things (like swim diapers).

12. Laura Word Says:

I am new to this and hope to try everything I can!

13. Justine Says:

I would love to win a swim diaper. We currently don’t have one and just used a cover!

14. Erika Summers Says:

I’ve liked a few of the articles pertaining to diaper wash routines and also reviews on fit with certain diapers I was on the fence about. thanks!!

15. Sarah Hayes Says:

the info on this site has helped me learned more about cloth so I can better choose what is best for us

16. Dani B Says:

Great source of info about cloth diapering!

17. kaydi lynn Says:

You’ve helped me learn alot more info in cloth diapers

18. Julia W. Says:

I would be really excited to try a cloth swim diaper and stop spending so much on ones I have to throw away! Especially since we live in FL and practically live in the water!

19. Keisha F Says:

Thanks for all the great info! Still trying to figure out my favorite brands and getting the fit just right. So far I love BG, but really need to expand my collection.