Made In The U.S.A.

I will continually add to this list as you and I work together to seek out cloth diaper companies that manufacture in the United States and Canada.

made in the usa

• Anne Marie Padorie
  • Applecheeks
  • Aristocrats
  • Babee Greens
  • Babykicks
  • Best Bottoms: “The highest quality of materials available have been selected with as much of the raw materials made in the USA as we could find. The entire Shell is made with USA-made materials! ALL of our products are proudly handcrafted in the USA at local factories helping to support the local economy and reduce our environmental impact.”
  • Blueberry
  • Bottombumpers
  • bumGenius: all diaper styles made in U.S.A. (except microfiber and prefolds which are produced in Shanghai and Pakistan)
  • Bumby
  • Bummis: “We produce everything we can in our factory in Montreal, and we use North American components as much as is humanly possible. For the products and components unavailable to us here in North America, we work with our long-time, reputable partners in the UK and Pakistan. Everything – both manufactured here and imported – is tested for non-toxicity and also where relevant for good biodegradability standards. As soon as we were able to do so, we switched our cloth diapers to GOTS certified cotton.”
  • Bum-Ware
  • CC Bums
  • Clovers
  • Cutiepoops
  • Dancing Bears (made in the UK)
  • Diaperaps covers: “Our Diaperaps® diaper covers have been made in the USA for over 20 years.”
  • Diaper Donks
  • Drybees
  • Ella Bella Bum
  • Geffen Baby
  • Gen-Y
  • Goodmama Diapers
  • Green Acre Designs (GADs)
  • Happy Heinys
  • Hemp Babies (inserts and doublers)
  • Indisposables
  • Kissaluvs: all fabrics, diapers and diaper lotion potions
  • Knickernappies: Pockets and Inserts
  • Kushies
  • Little Boppers Cloth Diapers
  • Loveybums
  • Mommy’s Touch: “Mommy’s Touch Cloth Diapers are 100% made and manufactured in the USA by a high quality work force of Work at Home Moms (WAHM). You are not just buying a cloth diaper; you are supporting a fellow American mother and helping her earn an income while being home with her children.”
  • Moraki
  • Mother-ease
  • Mud Butt
  • Organic Caboose: “Organic Caboose® offers premium organic, and eco-friendly products for babies and families including cloth baby diapers, covers, sleep sacks, baby & nursing pillows & accessories, mattress covers, blankets, and more. Products are sourced and manufactured in the USA since 2004.”
  • Peachy Baby: Made almost entirely in Canada. I am trying to figure out what isn’t made in Canada. I will keep you posted.
  • Peachy Green
  • Planet Wise (covers only)
  • Proraps
  • Ragababe
  • Rainshine Designs
  • Rocky Mountain Diapers
  • Sage Diapers
  • Smart Bottoms
  • Smartipants
  • Snap-EZ pocket diapers
  • Softbums
  • Sprout Change
  • Sugarpeas
  • Sustainablebabyish
  • Thirsties
  • Tidy Tots: these are manufactured in the USA in New York by a facility that hires and support adults with disabilities.
  • Tiny Tush: this company gives you the option of buying microfiber inserts (a common product not made in the USA) for $1.25 more that are made in the USA. What an awesome commitment to providing options for all families.
  • Twinkie Tush (fitted cloth diapers)
  • Wallypop
  • Weehuggers
  • Woollybottoms
image credit: JNN13. Flag of the United States of America, backlit, windy day. 12 March 2009.Wikipedia Commons Public Domain Photographs of Public Flags. Web 27 May 2014.

83 Responses to “Made In The U.S.A.”

1. Jason Says:

With everything being made in China, Central America, and the Middle East, it’s refreshing to read about clothes made in the USA, and Canada. Now, if they were just sold in stores, rather than having to order online.

2. Heather Gordy Says:

You listed Tidy Tots in a previous blog, but I don’t see them listed. I was excited about trying out their brand when my second is born later this year. I checked out their website and it says made in the U.S.

• Jennifer Reinhardt Says:

You are absolutely right Heather! I’m not sure how it got left off! I am fixing it now :)

3. Mercedes Says:

Apple Cheeks is a great brand made in Canada. Pocket style diapers.

4. Katie Cooper Says:

I am a born and raised Louisianian SAHWM of 5 and made all my lil ones cds. I make and sell them now and would love to know if the name of my business can be on this list. I am on Facebook at the time but will, in the future, be getting an online store. My name is Pumpkin Seed Cloth Diapers and I make “Cutie Bootie Babies” fitted cloth diapers :)
    If you could allow my business name on this list I would be very grateful to you.
    Yall have a great day,
    Katie C
    Northwest Louisiana

5. Sprigley Allan Says:

Hey There!

Love you blog and was wondering if you wanted to review our Made in America Nursing Cover. Made with Modal fabric in Carlsbad, ca this is a truly awesome nursing cover. A versatile design allows it to do multiple things to make a new moms life easier. It is called the DRIA Cover and is available on Amazon, Etsy or driacover.com.

Thank you for you consideration and talk soon.

6. Michelle Barlow Says:

Thank you for this list!
    How would one get their business name on there? I am a WAHM that makes cloth diapers!

7. Elizzy Says:

Sage Diaper is still in business, they were previously Diaperaps. Could you please correct this in the article? Looks like the lines got scrambled there. Just want to be sure you include the only diaper cover that has lasted 20+ years I know of. It was mine, my mother used it and used it and used it for me, and I now use it and use it and use it for mine. Ha ha! They have updated well with the times, have all in 2′s and special systems. Fairly affordable also. Thanks!

8. Lana Says:

Military family here and I’m looking into CD for my second girl because diapers are so expensive where my husbnd is station. I have some used alvababy and lotus bumz (rebranded alvas) locally, but I am looking for a cheaper made in the USA CD. I would like to have all-in-one pockets like the alvas. Can you help point me in the right direction?

9. Seattle Diaper Says:

I’m glad to see some companies still here in the USA that make cloth diapers. My question is are there any companies that make cloth diapers for adults who are incontinent? I’m 39 yrs old and I need to wear diapers. I’ve tried both disposable diapers and cloth diapers over the years, and although disposable diapers are more convenient, I find cloth diapers more comfortable. I’m too big for baby and child sized cloth diapers, so I’d definitely need adult sized cloth diapers. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Karen Says:

I would suggest looking into http://www.adultclothdiaper.com (this is the adult retail online store for All Together Diapers, a well-known DSQ prefold distributor). Far as I know the only retailler of adult cloth diapers and they’re in the US. I’m not sure about the entire product line but I know that at least some of their diapers are Gabby’s diapers which is a Canadian manufacturer. I ordered some for a client with an older child who needed diapers and they were quite happy with it. Hope that helps.

10. Steve B Says:

The choices are so overwhelming. I am looking for a diaper shell I can use with a hybrid system and a disposable pad. Given the great selection of made in USA brands, does anyone have any recommendations for a cloth outer with a disposable insert? I am fine if the insert is not the same company, just that is fits and does not leak.

11. Kim N Says:

Autumn, I have a 17 month old and am just getting into the CD world. Which of these brands are lower priced and still do the job well? I’m looking into Kawaii since I have a tight budget, but I’d love to go American-made if I could find something comparable in price and quality!

Thirsties are a great made in the USA affordable brand.

• joyherbert Says:

Have you noticed that certain brands (like SoftBums and Rumparooz) make their covers here in the US, but their inserts say “made in China”. I noticed this on our inserts and was wondering if other brands do this too? So, half the diaper is made here, but they can still be considered USA made?

Several brands do this. I am just going to guess and say that it’s because microfiber is not made in the USA?? I know that most fabrics for cloth diapers are made overseas and then brought here for construction.

12. Haley Mitchell Says:

Pish Posh Applesauce is American made as well. The owner is really nice and I’ve bought from them many times.

13. Kristen Says:

Hi Autumn! Monkey Foot Designs Wet Bags are Made in the US! YEY!!!

14. Anna P Says:

I was wondering what your thoughts may be… I have been CD my DS since he was about 6 weeks old. I have BG, FB, CB, Go Green, and some Blueberry Basix diapers. I really like the BG, GG and the basix however with the FB and CB they run really small for him. He is currently almost 6 months old and about 21 pounds. I am looking for a trimmer diaper preferably made in the USA.
    I bought some used kawaii heavy duty diapers locally and have not tried them out yet.
    As other Moms I am somewhat overwhelmed with all the different brands/types and most of all I am overwhelmed with all the different reviews.
    Any input you can provide would be wonderful!
    Thank you!
    Anna

I understand being overwhelmed! Yes CB and FB are on the shorter rise side. But, I do like the sized FB. Are you wanting to stick with pockets?

15. Rena Says:

Green Sprout Baby : Made in the USA Going on 5 years now : )

16. Tracy Says:

Blueberry and swaddlebees too.

17. Trenna Says:

I’ve been reading about a lot of recent changes with Sbish, including that they have gone offshore? Do you know if this is a rumor or not?

18. Sheila Says:

Hiney Lineys are also made in the USA by WAHM’s and grandmoms :)

19. Leticia Says:

Made in Minnesota USA

20. Kathy Says:

Great list! I’d love to also see which brands are organic.

21. Dawn Says:

Peachy Green http://www.peachygreendiapers.com

It would be great to see all the additions added to the original post :-)

22. Jayme Says:

Mud Butt Cloth Diapers! Made in the USA!!!

23. natalie rishe Says:

tiny tush and i second wallypops! love their fitteds and wraps!

24. Erin Says:

Babykicks – http://www.babykicks.com/ – is 90% made in MD and they have GREAT hemp products:) Love them!

25. Amber Skinner Says:

I have some trainers at my sight :-) Happy Heinys & Tinkle Time Trainers!

26. MamaBali Says:

I can’t find anywhere on your site the brand “Kushies”, have you had any experience with them? Pretty sure they are made in Canada, but I just got some brand new “baby basic” for free and I was trying to find out some feedback on them. Can’t find much anywhere. I have a little girl that is currently just fitting into a size 6 sposie (tho its still a tad too big) and I am having a hard time finding any CDs that fit her well at all. I have a couple BG3.0 that are too small, I got them in the largest size they offered, large. I also have the organic FLIP system and they dont fit very well either. She is 18mo and not near ready for potty training yet… :( she gets a very bad rash everytime i put her in a sposie now and this Kushie brand was one of very few I could find that had a “toddler” size…

Blissful Booty diapers are very large (xl). I recommend trying one of them out. I tried Kushies years ago and was disappointed.

27. Dawn Bucholtz Says:

Bright Star and Fishnoodles cloth diapers are covers are sewn in Missouri by a great bunch of ladies! Please add Bright Star Baby to your list of USA manufactured diapers.

28. Tracie Says:

Wahmies and Drybees are also USA made products :) !

29. Katie M Says:

We are going to be cd’ing our upcoming baby #3 – but are looking to find companies that not only are made here in the USA (and with materials from the usa) but also offer organics in a variety of styles and sizes. Of the companies listed here – can you offer any help in choosing some that would be best suited for what we are looking for?
    Thank you – your site is something I have really enjoyed looking thru the last few weeks as we start this new adventure of cd’ing!

Sustainablebabyish, Goodmama, Ragababe and Kissaluvs have a variety of diaper types. There are others those are 3 that came to mind.

30. Bree Edwards Says:

I was just wondering why Cotton Babies wasn’t on your list since they say they produce only in the US and Egypt?

I’ve only listed companies that are 100% USA made. Some buyers care very much for this distinction.

• Bree Edwards Says:

Lol ok preggo brain was thrown through a loop because of the companies that had listed (if my brain is working correctly) where some materials are imported from other countries but not produced. Yes? ;-)

31. Ulrike Says:

Have you ever tried the Kushies? I have read some good reviews but noticed that you never even mentioned them. Any comments on the product and/or sizing?
    Thanks!

32. Carrie Says:

Do any of these have an option with disposable (maybe even flushable or biodegradable) inserts made in the US? I can’t get my husband on board for full cloth diapering, but I can get him halfway there. The only problem is the only company I can find that seems to make those makes the disposable inserts in the US but shells and cloth inserts are made in China…

You can interchange disposable inserts in different covers.

• Carrie Says:

Thanks! Do you happen to know if there certain brands that would fit the g-diaper disposable inserts better than others? Looking at some of the pictures of cloth inserts they seem to have different shapes and/or sizes depending on the shell they are made for.

(I’m not due till March, so I have time, I just don’t want to buy a bunch of shells to find the inserts won’t fit or would end up causing a huge mess.)

I’ve used Grovia liners in a Flip cover and they’re pretty big. I’m thinking Flip would hold the g-diaper just fine. A wide cover like Flip will accommodate most fitteds and inserts.

33. Suzanne Says:

Don’t forget goodmamas! We are totally made in the USA and committed to be that way!

We are also moving our production in-house so I can personally participate in and oversee our sewing. :-)

Your blog is great, Autumn! :-)

34. Elisa Says:

Mommys Touch are not only Made in the USA, but they are made by work-at-home-moms:

35. Andria Says:

Don’t forget Bummis (Montreal), Kushies (Hamilton), and MotherEase (St. Catherines) – all made relatively close to the border of Canada/USA! Indisposables too – they are in Ontario also. Good idea Autumn for this listing Austumn. With my diaper service, I want to promote the WAHM and locally sourced diaper products for clients too. Great reputations!

36. Erika Says:

Green Acre Designs too

37. Lissa Says:

A few more to add: WoollyBottoms (USA), Rainshine Designs (Canada), Wallypops (USA), and Apple Cheeks (Canada).

WoollyBottoms soakers are the best wool covers ever!

Thanks for this list!

38. Erin Says:

bootyful baby boutique is made in Allendale Michigan :)

39. Racheal S. Says:

I have some made in USA diapers by Rocky Mountain Diaper Company and Cloth Diaper Wholesale.

40. Beth @ Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique Says:

Hi Autumn! I have a few to add to your awesome list! I actually have a separate category on my website for products made in the USA! :)

Drybees, Nifty Nappy, Clovers, Loveybums, and Dancing Bears!

Keep up the great work! :)

41. Karen Charron Says:

Hi,

Just to let you know that Mother-Ease products are all made in Canada as well….

42. Sara Betz Says:

Great list!

Bummis covers are made in Canada. Their diapers from the Tots Bots line are manufactured in Scotland.

sustainable babyish diapers are made in the USA.

Quilter’s Nappies cloth wipes are made in Chicagoland, USA.

43. Crystal Says:

Such a great idea! I didn’t worry too much about “Made in the USA” When I started buying cd’s, but I am now trying to find a USA option after having some issues with my cd’s that were probably made in China (I haven’t gotten an answer from the company about where, specifically, the part I was having problems with was made, even after multiple attempts to find out). Here are a couple that I have been looking at as options:

Weehuggers http://weehuggers.com/

Ragababe http://www.ragababe.com/

44. Karen Says:

Also made in Canada: AMP http://www.ampdiapers.com/, Aristocrats (awesome wool covers) http://www.aristocratsbabyproducts.com/diaper_cover.html and Sugarpeas (great hemp fitteds and wool covers) http://www.sugarpeas.com/.
    These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head!
    We have many customers who choose a particular diaper because of where it’s made. Canada or the US are acceptable to them: things made overseas, not so much. And it’s really, really hard to find any microterry products that aren’t anymore!
    Thanks for putting together this list- the whole site is a great reference point for our cloth diapering veterans as well as newbies. :)

45. Pamela Says:

Smartipants too!

46. Theresa Says:

I believe drybees are made in the USA.

I checked the Drybees website last night when beginning the list and couldn’t find any info. If I get a definitive answer I’ll add them to the list ;)

47. Diane Says:

Thanks for putting this together! I have been getting lots of questions/comments lately about the many new brands of diapers popping up that are too cheap to be true…or made in the USA. I know that as cloth diapers grow in popularity, there will be many more people using them who are just doing it to save money & they won’t care so much about the country of origin, but there are many of us who still do!

48. Cassie Says:

What a great idea!!

On a side note, do you have an recommendations of cloth “training pants/pull ups”?

1. I’d like to share my FAVORITE Swim Diapers With You… Because You Are All Awesome! | All About Cloth Diapers - July 25, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

2. Made in Canada Baby Giveaway | All About Cloth Diapers - June 22, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

3. Ultimate Guide to Hemp and Bamboo Inserts & Doublers, Cloth Diaper’s Best Friends {and a Big Giveaway!} | All About Cloth Diapers - June 6, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

4. *NEWS* Made in the U.S.A (and Canada) list UPDATED! Please Read and Share! | All About Cloth Diapers - May 27, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

5. Does Something Stink? Then You Might Need to try Bac Out | All About Cloth Diapers - May 22, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

6. A One Size Diaper That Really fits from Newborn to Potty Training? Yes there is: Moraki All in 2 {Review and Giveaway} | All About Cloth Diapers - April 23, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

7. Project Pomona- FINALLY! Jeans made for cloth diapers. (Size 2 & 3 side-by-side comparison) | All About Cloth Diapers - February 11, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

8. Earth Momma Angel Baby Bottom Balm Review | All About Cloth Diapers - January 18, 2014

[…] Made In The U.S.A. […]

9. oursustainablecoastguardfamily - May 11, 2012

[...] There is also a cloth diaper forum that I got off pinterst that has some helpful reviews for y’all looking to do this yourself or just to find companies with super cute diaper covers! http://allaboutclothdiapers.com/made-in-the-u-s-a/ [...]

10. Made in the USA? « clothdiaperguru - April 11, 2012

[...] some searching, I came upon this list of cloth diapers that are made in the USA. This is not an exhaustive list. I noticed that “Blueberry” brand, and [...]

11. How To Stuff A Pocket Cloth Diaper All About Cloth Diapers | Cloth Diaper Answers All About Cloth Diapers - November 12, 2011

[...] Made In The U.S.A. [...]

12. Cloth Diapers Made In The U.S.A. All About Cloth Diapers | Cloth Diaper Answers All About Cloth Diapers - September 8, 2010

[...] Made In The U.S.A. [...]