Most of the time I never have to worry about stains. When Paisley’s diapers do have them a little Oxyclean does the job. But for those really bad poopies that leave major stains what do you do?
I am not completely opposed to using bleach but obviously it is a last resort.
Here are some stain vanishing tips:
1) Oxyclean soak. Fill your washing basin with a small load of water, add 1 scoop of Oxyclean and put in the stained diapers. If your machine has a soak setting use that. If not set it to wash and when it fills stop the machine.
2) Detergent Paste. My favorite detergent Crunchy Clean recommends making a paste of water and detergent and putting it on the stain.
3) Peroxide. Pour 1/4 cup of peroxide in the wash. Peroxide is my favorite. (for more peroxide uses read this blog: Peroxide not Bleach)
4) Sunshine. The most natural stain remover. I have seen dark, almost black stains bleached out with the sun. As soon as your diapers are finished washing take them outside and lay them (or hang) in the sun. I leave them all day because I usually forget about them. Drying your diapers outside leaves them feeling crunchy but tossing them in the dryer for 10 minutes will help. You can also rewash them with a little fabric softener in the rinse cycle to return them to being soft.
5) Bleach. When all else fails, add 1/4 cup bleach to the load after it has started agitating. I would always do a second rinse when using bleach.
If you still have stains after doing all of these steps then you’re probably stuck with the eyesore. Yes, it decreases resell value but function is in no way compromised