When Camden was a mere 9 days old I compiled a list of the newborn cloth diapers we were using and my initial thoughts. You can find my newborn cloth diaper review chart here.
Camden is now 3 1/2 months old and has been out of his newborn cloth diapers for at least a month. We moved right into the discontinued Bum Genius 3.0 AIOs. (you can find a few left at Green Diaper Store and Sweet Little Blessings)
Below you will find a brief overview of each newborn cloth diaper we used. Some will vary greatly from my original thoughts for noted reasons. Remember Camden was born 9lbs.
- Lil Joey’s: absorbency increases the more they are washed. Lil Joey’s became my go to diaper from about 10-13.5lbs. Camden has meaty (not chunky) thighs so there were some red marks but nothing bothersome. I will definitely keep my Lil Joey’s stash for next babies because they are already broken in.
- Goodmama Newborns: My favorite newborn fitted. I used the double brites which are cotton velour beauties. I found them to be very absorbent and nightworthy. I stopped using the GMs well before Camden outgrew them because of my preference for an AIO system. The soft turned and topstitched seams created a comfortable fit all around. I would bet they’d still fit Camden now at 15+lbs. If you are interested in purchasing Goodmama diapers you need to like the Facebook page. That is where Suzanne posts preview pictures and gives you a heads up when she will stock.
- SBish: Leak-proof nighttime diaper. Not the softest or the prettiest but it gets the job done every time. You must sign up for the Sloomb newsletter! You will receive awesome sales codes! Also, join Erin’s Facebook page for great drawing opportunities.
- Little Boppers: Cute, soft, good daytime cloth diaper. Stretchy. Fits to 15lbs approximately. 1st and 3rd Friday Anne stocks on Bitty Fluff and periodically her store. Little Boppers also has a Facebook page.
- Mutts: same as Little Boppers. I get requests all the time on how to buy these!! I wish I could tell you the magic time but I can’t. Please join Michelle’s Yahoo group MuttaqinBabyAnnounce for alerts on when she stocks. Also, check Little Fluff Monster and Muttaqin Hyena Cart.
- Cutiepoops: Easy to use, trim. Once a doubler was added Cutiepoops were absorbent enough for daytime use.
- Ragababes AIO: Although stuffable I’d love to hear how in the world these tiny things can be stuffed! I love Joy and I love the quality of Ragababes but the AIO always leaked for us. I haven’t tried anything but the newborn size. They are the diaper you will grab for though because of the sposie like ease.
- Ragababes Step 2 size 0: I became a huge fan of these when Camden was about a month old; when he wasn’t pooping every hour and I could just snap in a new insert. However, Camden does not like to feel wetness so every time he pees in it he gets fussy. I would recommend this system to anyone…if you can get your hands on them! I pray Ragababe is able to increase their production to meet everyone’s needs.
So, what newborn cloth diapers work best?? For Camden it was the Lil Joey’s after 2 weeks of “prepping” them and Goodmama newborns.
Do you wonder how I get anything done with a cutie like this around???