If you take away giveaway posts and rank according to number of comments, these are the top posts of 2011:
11) The Life Expectancy of a One-Sized Cloth Diaper This post is a great reality check. As we begin this journey of cloth diapering we often convince ourselves that the upfront costs are reasonable because the diapers will last through multiple children. At least this is what we tell our husbands. Truth is, the upfront costs are worth it but for other reasons. Before you make your first big purchase make sure you fully know what you are buying. One-sized cloth diapers are awesome! But, they might not endure hundreds of washes and years of use…or they may :)
10) Do You Line Dry Your Cloth Diapers? I’m not cut out for life without a dryer. I know, weak. This October when my dryer died I was forced to line dry all my cloth diapers. I really tried to not do diaper laundry while the dryer was waiting for repair but couldn’t last that long. It was a great one-time experience, however, I’m hoping not to do it again.
9) The Best World Breastfeeding Week Ever With all the amazing blessings our family experienced this year, nursing my friend’s baby was one of the high points. It’s not something I may ever get the opportunity to do again. The trust my friend has in me is humbling and an something I will treasure forever.
8 ) The Cloth Diaper Everyone Recommends for Newborns Back in 2005, when I began cloth diapering this diaper was highly recommended. While still a household name for newborn cloth diapers, many other brands have entered the scene and have become more recommended. If you are expecting a child and would like a newborn cloth diaper comparison check out my posts on the topic.
7) Our Newest Cloth Diaper Model One of my favorite posts, of course :) Welcoming Camden into the world was an amazing event. His birth was just as I had hoped and what could be better than adding another child to the family?!
6) Cloth Diaper Q&A Vol 4 My Q&A series is always a hit…why don’t I do it more often?? I get so many questions from you and it’s only fair for me to share that information with everyone. The comments throughout this site are filled to the brim with answers to just about every question you could have about cloth diapering. This particular post dealt with Flip, ammonia and AIO questions.
5) How I Deal With Cloth Diaper Stink This article was originally published in 2009 and yet still so relevant. Stink is always a problem someone is dealing with. With a little patience it’s something easily fixed. I’m looking forward to using the Bum Genius Odor Remover and detergent I have on the way. It’s fun discovering new ways to wash cloth diapers effectively!
4) I’ll Tell You My Dirty Little Secret There isn’t much you don’t know about me. You know my highs and lows, you see the real side of Autumn Beck. How I write is how I talk. What you read is the real me. In 2011, there were some big changes for me personally. I will share those with you in the weeks to come.
3) Are Disposable Diapers Really That Bad? Yes, they are bad. Should we never use them? Not necessarily. There will be times when they are needed. The main point is to identify that we are making a choice that isn’t the “best” and move on.
2) Cloth Diaper Q&A Vol 5: Detergents Any time I write about laundry it draws big crowds. It’s a big issue! Anyone can snap on a diaper but keeping them clean, odorless and baby rash-free is a colossal task. It is not always easy for me and I promise to share my failures and successes in order to save you the time and frustration.
1) Why Do I Hate Cloth Wipes? I am proud to say that since this post I have been using cloth wipes. It has been so much easier! There has been a major change however since using cloth wipes. Soon to come is a post on a diagnosis I received at the beginning of November. That diagnosis forced me to be ever vigilant of ingredients which led me to stop using my favorite wipes solution. Alas, water has turned out to be easy and safe to use for a wipe solution ;)
What are the topics you want me to write about in 2012? What troubles are you currently experiencing?